How to make a nomination
Nominations for 2016/17 have now closed. We would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to nominate over six different categories.
Who can make a nomination?
You can make a nomination as a patient, a client, a carer, a service user, a line manager, a colleague or a team member.
Who can I nominate?
Individuals: You may nominate any employee or volunteer (clinical or non-clinical) of Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust.
Teams: You may nominate any team, including your own, which has at least one member who is employed by the Trust. A team is defined as two or more people who share the same goals; either in their daily work or on a particular project or task.
Partnership organisations: You may nominate an individual or team that involves employees, patients, service users, carers or others to deliver high-quality, efficient and cost-effective services. This might involve, for example, Torbay Council, Devon County Council, other NHS organisations, voluntary services, care homes, domiciliary care agencies or charities.
Any individuals, teams or services nominated must not have won a Blue Shield Award in the past two years.
Teams and individuals may be nominated for more than one award category; however they will only be eligible to win one award.
The criteria and categories
Individual and Team Awards
Clinical and non-clinical nominees should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Developing, improving or supporting an exceptional service that has made significant improvement to the quality of life of patients, clients, service users, staff or carers.
- Work over and above their expected job role to provide or support an exceptional service to patients, clients, service users, carers or staff.
- Creativity and ingenuity in order to develop or establish innovative health and/or social care services for the benefit of local people.
- Fulfilled one or more of the NHS Values:
- Respect and Dignity
- Improving Lives
- Commitment to quality of care
- Everyone Counts
- Working together for patients
Nominees should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Establishment or improvement of partnership working between working between the Trusts and other organisations, for the benefit of patients, clients, service users, carers or staff
- Excellent integrated working across organisational boundaries (including public, private, voluntary sector and hosted services) around the needs of the people we support
- Creativity and ingenuity in order to develop or establish innovative health and/or social care services for the benefit of local people
Innovation and Research Award
Recognising and celebrating innovative practice is becoming more and more important in these times of austerity. This award will be awarded to an individual or team that can demonstrate progress, vision, creativity, and innovation. This could include innovation and research that supports and demonstrates a commitment to reappraising work practices and/or developing new technologies that reduce the consumption of resources or use resources more efficiently.
Volunteers provide an important support service and give up their time freely on a regular basis to help patients, visitors and staff in a variety of ways. This will be awarded to an individual or team who have demonstrated their commitment to enhancing patient/service user, visitors and staff experience.
Em Jeffries Award for Community and Social Care Development
Em Jeffries Award will be awarded to special individuals employed by Torbay and South Devon Foundation NHS Trust (or their predecessor organisations), who have made outstanding contributions in their field over many years. The nominees must meet at least one of the criteria set out for the team, individual or partnership awards (see above).
There will also be recognition of our Staff Heroes Awards on the evening.