Torbay and South Devon CFS/ME Service
Tel: 01803 219859
Email: Torbay and South Devon CFS/ME Service
The Torbay and South Devon CFS/ME Service is dedicated to the diagnosis, assessment and treatment of patients with CFS/ME. The team also provide training, education and support to other professionals who are working with people with CFS/ME. We hope that this video will provide you with a useful introduction to our services and how we can help.
- The team accepts referrals from GPs and consultants only.
- We require information on your past medical history and any medical investigations that have been undertaken.
- We may need to access your medical records before assessment.
The Physician/GPwSI (General Practitioner with a special interest) provides:
- A specialist medical assessment where appropriate.
- Recommendations to your GP for the prescription of medication for symptom management.
The Therapist(s) provide:
- Assessment and treatment planning.
- Patient group programmes and individual therapy.
- Liaison with other health and social care staff/services.
All the information you give us remains confidential between the health and social care professionals directly involved in your care (e.g. GP, Consultant Physician). However, should we become concerned about your safety or the safety of others we will inform other relevant professionals.