Torbay Drug and Alcohol Service
Tel: 01803 604330
Email: Torbay Drug and Alcohol Service
What do we offer?
- Drug and alcohol assessments for adults (18+) – this includes the full range of prescribed, legal, illegal and over the counter medication.
- A named recovery Coordinator.
- A named peer support volunteer.
- Structured psychosocial interventions on a 1:1 and group work basis.
- Group-work to support you at every stage.
- Healthcare assessments.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Blood Borne Virus Testing (Hep B/C and HIV) and Hep B immunisation.
- Access to a Specialist Health Visitor to support families.
- Assessment and referral to community based residential rehabilitation programmes.
- Assessment for prescribing interventions including stabilisation, detoxification and reduction programmes.
- Signposting and advice.
How do I make a referral or get some advice?
Referral into drug and alcohol treatment in Torbay is simple. Both services encourage individuals to self-refer, but referrals by professionals are also accepted.
Referral to the Alcohol Team
Simply call 01803 604334 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm) – our referral co-ordinator will take some brief information from the individual and once processed will send the person an assessment appointment letter (this is usually within a three week period). If the appointment offered is not suitable then please contact the referral co-ordinator to arrange a more convenient appointment. We can try and see people in a variety of locations so please contact us directly if you have any individual requirements.
Referral to the Drug Team
The team run a combination of “open access” sessions (no appointment necessary) and bookable appointments for advice and assessment for drug treatment at the following times and venues:
|Tuesdays||10am – 12 noon||Room 35, Paignton Hospital|
|Tuesdays||1.30pm – 3.30pm||Appointments by arrangement|
|Wednesdays||3pm – 7.30pm||Shrublands House, Morgan Avenue, Torquay|
|Fridays||10am – 12 noon||Appointment by arrangement|
To book one of our appointments please call 01803 604341.
These sessions can also be used for advice and information and can be accessed by anyone concerned about another’s drug use.
Would you be interested in volunteering at Walnut Lodge?
We have a wide range of volunteering opportunities available – if you are interested and would like some more information, then please contact the Service User and Recovery lead at Walnut Lodge on 01803 604330.