You are up to 4 times more likely to quit successfully using your local NHS Stop Smoking Service!
“Choosing to stop smoking is one of the most worthwhile decisions you will ever make!
Our Stop Smoking Service offers the latest advice and guidance on all stop smoking products, including e-cigarettes, as well as providing the expert support to get you started.
What support and advice do the service offer?
The Stop Smoking Service provides a wide range of support as well as access to the latest stop smoking products and prescription only medications. They help people not only to quit smoking but also stay stopped for good. The team holds sessions in Torquay, Paignton and Brixham.
The service provides:
- Access to stop smoking medication on prescription.
- Free accurate advice through group support, telephone, text and e-mail support.
- Carbon monoxide monitoring to measure you progress
- Up to 12 weeks support from a Specialist Adviser.
- Specialist Advisers in: pregnancy, young persons, mental health and secondary care.
- Up to date information and advice.
- Latest guidance and advice on quitting with E-cigarettes and personal vaping products.
Where can I access support ?
In addition to telephone and text, face to face support is easily accessible at a range of venues across Torbay. It is also available in most GP Practices and some pharmacies. For more information about where to access support please telephone 0300 456 1006 (local rate).
Come and chat with a specialist advisor. We offer tailored support and discuss ways to help you stop smoking. Call 0300 456 1006 (local rate) For more information on smoking in pregnancy visit Smoking and Pregnancy.
The benefits of stopping smoking start just 20 minutes after your last cigarette. To see how quickly the benefits of quitting start to happen see Smokefree’s What happens when you quit?.
Just imagine how much extra money you’ll have in your pocket when you quit smoking. To calculate how much you’ll save when you quit use the Smokefree cost calculator.
The Smokefree website have a number of videos featuring people who have successfully given up smoking. If you would like to watch them, visit success stories.