Useful links and numbers
For information and help for older people, their carers, family and friends, contact our Customer Service Centre on 01803 219700 or via our contact form
For information and help for older people, their carers, family and friends, contact Care Direct on 0345 155 1007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy website also has useful information around general health, keeping healthy at work, ageing well, common conditions and simple exercises. All of which are available to download for free at www.csp.org.uk/your-health.
If you are interested more in improving your general fitness and would like to know what classes, sports clubs and gyms are available to you in the area, take a look at our Healthy Lifestyles pages. The team are more than happy to help and support you with this. Or simply call 0300 456 1006.
If you have a question purely around equipment such as outdoor mobility aids / footwear / small aids to help you around the house / chairs or would like to look at alternatives to aids you already have, please see our community equipment page. Alternatively find a list of all the local equipment retailers who are more than happy to help.
- Hip Replacement Exercises
- Knee Replacement Exercises
- Patient Information and Support
- Torbay Shoulder Exercise Programme
Neuro / Stroke
- Connect: A charity for people with aphasia, a communication disability that usually occurs after a stroke. Support and publications are available online.
- Different Strokes: Helps stroke survivors of working age to optimise their recovery, take control of their own lives and regain as much independence as possible by offering ‘rehabilitative services’, information and advice.
- Stroke Association: Funds research into prevention, treatment and better methods of rehabilitation, and helps stroke survivors and their families directly through its Life After Stroke Services. These include Information, Advice and Support, Communication Support and Life After Stroke grants.
- Guillan Barre
- Head injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Spinal injuries
- Torbay and Southern Devon Stroke Book