Tel: 01803 655340
Appointments: 0300 456 9987 (local rate – the line is open 8.30am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday)
Online appointment request service
The South Devon Physiotherapy Service is for patients registered at a GP practice in Brixham, Paignton, Torquay, Ashburton, Bovey Tracey, Chillington, Dartmouth, Dawlish, Ipplepen, Kingskerswell, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth, Totnes or surrounding areas.
To book an appointment, please contact us using the details below. Appointment times vary for all clinics and a suitable date, time and location will be arranged with you.
Patients can use our online appointment request service, or call us on 0300 456 9987 (local rate).
If you have any of the following, neurological problems, such as: Parkinson’s Disease, Stroke or Multiple Sclerosis, gynaecological problems, continence issues, or children’s developmental problems such as Cerebral Palsy, you will need a specialist team referral, following discussion with your GP.
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Outpatient Service
Outpatient physiotherapy clinics see people with problems arising from: muscles, joints and bones. The physiotherapists provide: assessment, diagnosis, advice/information hands on treatment and treatment planning. You will be asked to provide a detailed history of the problem and will be examined. Treatment may include:
- Advice and management
- Exercise based programmes
- Mobilisation and manipulation techniques
- Articular joint injections
- Rehabilitation groups
Specialist physiotherapy clinics are available at various sites across the area. These clinics need a referral from a GP, Consultant or your physiotherapist.
- Vestibular rehabilitation (information leaflet)
- Women’s health
- Rheumatology including hydrotherapy
- Shoulder clinic
- Hand therapy clinics
- Pain Service
- General orthopaedic clinics, spinal clinic, hip and knee clinics and foot and ankle clinics offer specialist assessment, second opinion, access to imaging and recommendation for surgery. They do not offer physiotherapy treatment.