The TSAB is comprised of senior representatives from key statutory agencies, independent and charitable organisations who work with adults at risk of abuse in Torbay. Together they make multi-agency recommendations and take issues back for action. The Board has been established to develop the partnership so as to ensure effective local arrangements are in place for the safeguarding of adults at risk of harm consistent with statutory guidance and accepted best practice.
The Board meets regularly throughout the year and ensures that the multi-agency policy and procedures are used effectively by partners and stakeholders and monitored as well as reviewed for appropriate and proportional outcomes for the residents of Torbay.
The Board is supported in its work by a number of sub groups, each having multi-agency membership, named Chairs, terms of reference and objectives from the work plan that contributes to the Boards business. Short term task and finish groups may also be set up to focus on the implementation of specific objectives or projects. The TSAB has the following sub groups (a couple of them are joint with Devon):
- Experts by Experience Sub Group
- Serious Adult Review (SARG) Sub Group
- Learning and Improvement Sub Group (TSAB/DSAB)
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Sub Group (TSAB/DSAB)
- Torbay Council
- Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
- Office of Police & Crime Commissioners
- Devon & Cornwall Police
- South Devon and Torbay Clinical Commissioning Group