Parking at Torbay Hospital
There are a number of car parks for patients and visitors on the Torbay hospital site. Parking charges apply 24 hours a day.
Pay and Display
Some car parks are pay and display and require you to purchase a ticket from the machine located in the car park at the time you park.
Pay on Foot
We also have pay on foot car parks which you access through a barrier, collecting a ticket as you enter the car park. If you use a pay on foot car park you will pay for your parking at the end of your visit. Pay stations are located at Level 2, Outpatients and in the Pay on foot car parks.
Free parking for blue badge holders is available only in non-barrier pay and display car parks and other designated marked disabled bays. The full charge is applicable in all other barrier controlled car parks.
Please see ‘Torbay Hospital maps‘ for the Torbay Hospital site, car park locations and hospital zones as guidance for your visit to Torbay Hospital. Additional Pay and Display parking is available on the Trust’s Annexe site.
Parking at Torbay Hospital is Pay and Display. If you are planning on bringing your car when you come into hospital or to visit a patient, the following rates are charged for car parking:
Car park charges as of 1st October 2016.
|20 minutes||Free in Pay on Foot car parks|
|Up to 2 hours||£2|
Excess charge – discounted if charge paid within 7 days £35. Full charge £70.
Subject to periodic changes.
A weekly ticket is available for patients and visitors who do not fall into the concessions listed below. It costs £25 per week and is available from the Cashiers Department, Outpatients on Level 2.
Drop off bays
Drop off/pick up bays are available at hospital entrances around the site which allow a 20 minute free period of parking for patients and visitors.
Concessions – free parking
The Trust provides free parking to the following groups:
- Patients, from diagnosis, making daily or frequent visits for the treatment of cancer (surgical intervention, radiotherapy, SACT)
- All registered disabled patients who hold a disabled badge or who are transporting a patient who holds a disabled badge and who park in a marked disabled space
- Relatives of those patients who are acutely unwell, typically in ICU or requiring high dependence care
- Resident parents of children in hospital or parents whose babies are being cared for in the Special Care Baby Unit providing parent caring arrangements
- Relatives of patients receiving end of life care
- Those visiting the bereavement office or collecting a death certificate
- Registered unpaid carers when they are caring for a friend or family member visiting or staying at Torbay Hospital
If you qualify under any of these groups, please go to the Patient Enquiry Desk, Outpatients, Level 2 or enquire at Ward level and you will be advised how to obtain your free parking pass or validate your pay on foot parking ticket.
The information on this page is also available in our leaflet ‘Parking – Patient and Visitor Parking / Travel Options Guide‘, which includes a map of the Torbay Hospital site and car parks.