The Carers Recognition Tool
3 July 2018
Three out of four carers in Devon are not getting the information, advice and support they need.
This may be because they’re unaware of the support available to them, cannot access it or even that they do not think of themselves as a carer.
It is important to identify informal carers as early as possible so they, and the people they care for, can receive the proper support. This includes organisations that provide:
- Assistance in setting up emergency back-up plans
- Advice about benefits and work
- Suggestions for free parking ad local hospitals
- Training in care techniques and staying well while caring for others
We have developed the Carers Recognition Tool to help you identify local informal carers. Follow the steps on the card to determine whether or not they’re a carer that needs help, and signpost them to the appropriate resources.
Organisations already involved in the project include:
- Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
- Torbay Carers Service
- Devon Fire and Rescue
- Home Instead
- Age UK Torbay
Join our campaign to support carers by using the Carers Recognition Tool today.