Your Invitation to our Annual Members’ Meeting
Published: 6 September 2018
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust is inviting members (including staff) of the Trust to attend its Annual Members’ Meeting.
The meeting, being held on Friday 21 September (2 pm – 4 pm) in TREC (Horizon Centre, Torbay Hospital), will give you the opportunity to learn more about the Trust and the work we do across the region.
There will also be a number of guest speakers on the day to discuss issues such as Dementia and the work of the Breast Care team, and one of our Trust Governor’s will discuss their role in the Trust and their involvement in PLACE Assessments.
PLACE Assessments are annual self-assessments, where various teams including both staff and patients, review range of key non-clinical services from a patient perspective.
The draft agenda (final agenda available on the day) for the meeting include:
- Light refreshments will be available from 1.30pm including an opportunity to meet with members of our Council of Governors
- Chairman’s welcome and apologies
- Guest speaker – Mr Mike Green – work of the Breast Care Team
- Chairman and Chief Executive’s annual review 2017/18 and questions
- Introduction to external auditors and presentation of their annual report
- Formal receipt of the annual report and accounts 2017/18
- Guest speaker – Mrs Lynne Hookings – the role of a Foundation Trust Governor and involvement with PLACE Assessments
- Guest speaker on the subject of Dementia
- Lead governor report
- Membership report
- Constitutional changes
- Any other business
Following the Annual Members’ Meeting, attendees will be invited to attend a brief talk in the hospital’s Main Entrance (Level 4), on the history of a Chalice and Patten presented to Torbay Hospital by Dame Ella Rowcroft in 1928, which will be unveiled on the day in the Main Entrance.
If you would like to book a place to attend the Annual Members’ meeting please contact the Foundation Trust Office by calling 01803 655705, or via email on: email@example.com.
If you have any queries regarding these news items, please contact the Communications Team.