COVID-19 update: Changes to visiting arrangements
Published: 15 March 2020
As part of our continued actions to protect the community regarding COVID-19, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust is revising arrangements for visitors to Torbay Hospital, Brixham Community Hospital, Newton Abbot Community Hospital, Dawlish Community Hospital, and Totnes Community Hospital. The arrangements below are to help us protect our patients and staff, by reducing both the number of people coming to our hospitals and the risk of spreading the virus:
- only one visitor at a time per bed
- do not visit at all if you have a high temperature or dry cough or similar symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has coronavirus
- we advise that children under the age of 16 do not attend hospital to visit a family member/loved one
- make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before and after visiting, and/or use hand gel where available
- for Forrest ward (01803 654139), and EAU3 (01803 654035), please phone in advance to agree visiting arrangements
We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your help in ensuring we can continue to run services safely.
If you have any queries regarding these news items, please contact the Communications Team.