Supporting local people through local donations
Published: 21 May 2021
Did you know that we have our very own charity? Through the monies local people donate to our charity and our JustGiving pages we are able to do things which wouldn’t be possible otherwise. Your donations make a real difference to patients and their families.
When you donate to us, you are directly benefitting and supporting local people.
Through your kind donations, our charitable funds have provided:
- medical and other equipment to support patient care, diagnosis and research
- refurbishment of ward and other areas to create a better environment and generally enhance patient care
- extra comforts for patients such as televisions, mobile phones and tablets to support them to stay in touch with family and friends, toiletries, creative activities and entertainment
You can direct your support specifically towards most of our wards and departments as they have individual funds within our charity. All purchases made are subject to robust approval processes and are for additional patient benefit only. You can find out more about how to donate at:
- Charitable funds – Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust [Torbay and South Devon NHS Charitable fund, Registered charity number 1052232]
- Torbay and South Devon NHS Charitable Fund – JustGiving
Local donations also help us offer additional health and wellbeing support to our dedicated and compassionate staff. To help us support the wellbeing of our staff, you can donate to our COVID-19 recovery JustGiving page.
Thank you for making a difference for local people.
If you have any queries regarding these news items, please contact the Communications Team.