Dartmouth Clinic to host wellbeing event
11 September 2018
Local people are invited to a Health and Wellbeing event between 10am and 2pm on Saturday, 29 September at Dartmouth Clinic. The event is being hosted by our frontline staff teams with some of our partners including Devon County Council and voluntary sector organisations. The event will include:
- health checks (including blood pressure, heart rate and what’s your heart age)
- fun, health-related activities for children
- a chance to try out some of our specialist equipment
- advice about dementia and planning for older life
- information about Dartmouth’s planned new Health and Wellbeing Centre
- information on opportunities to connect with people in your local community.
One of the event organisers, and the Trust’s locality manager responsible for Dartmouth and area, Julian Ayrton, said, “We often get comments from people saying they don’t understand what a Health and Wellbeing Centre is, or what services our community staff and intermediate care teams can offer. So our frontline staff have come together to host an open day for local people – with plenty of interactive and fun elements as well as information and advice. As well as our own staff, representatives from partner organisations will be advising about the health and wellbeing service available in the local community. We are very close to the town centre and hope that if people are coming to town that day, they will take a few minutes to pop in to see us and give us some feedback on plans for the new Health and Wellbeing Centre.”
If you have any queries regarding these press releases, please contact the Communications Team.