12 August 1930

Published: 1 December 2022

On 12 August 1930, the Chapel at Torbay Hospital was opened and dedicated by the Right Reverend the Lord Bishop of Exeter.

Ella Rowcroft specified that £6,000 of her generous donation should be allocated to the building of the Chapel and stained-glass window. She also donated a chalice and paten which is on display in the level 4 main entrance of Torbay Hospital.

Photo: 1930 Chalice and paten donated by Ella Rowcroft

Today, we aim to offer spiritual support for all. In additional to the Chapel, we also have a Multi-Faith Prayer Room at Torbay Hospital and ‘The Sanctuary’ at Newton Abbot Community Hospital.

Photo: The Chapel