Work experience

Working towards Excellence

Work experience placements status

Due to the high demand we are currently experiencing, unfortunately we will not be accepting any requests until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check again in the next few weeks as we will keep this page updated. (01/11/2018)

We actively encourage those who are interested in careers in the NHS to apply. We are keen to support individuals from the age of 16 wishing to obtain work experience across the Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust locality (to include Kingsbridge).

Whilst there are a large variety of opportunities available within our NHS Trust and we endeavour to process all applications as quickly as possible. Our first priority is to our patients or service users; therefore during periods of high demand there may be some delay between processing your application and securing the appropriate placement.

Please be aware placements are not guaranteed.

Work experience is on an observation only basis and therefore will be supervised at all times.


Our work experience directory shows all of the agreed available areas supporting work experience.

If you require this information in a different format please contact us.

How to apply

Those in education (including higher education) must be referred via their education provider i.e. College, 6th Form, or University.

Adult work experience placements are available on an ad hoc basis. Adults can self-refer for work experience by requesting an application pack.


Due to the high demand of applications we receive, we will only accept requests via either of the following methods:

  • Directly from one of the education providers within our Trust boundary area (to include Kingsbridge) – please contact your tutor to make the referral directly to us using our contact form
  • You are an adult (not in education) and you reside within our Trust boundary area (see map)
  • Application forms must be read carefully and fully completed. Failure to do this may result in them being rejected. All forms must be returned to the Work Experience Team no later than 3 weeks prior to the placement.
  • To ensure fairness to all, only one work experience opportunity per person will be permitted per 12 months.

Adult applicants only: Photo ID (Driving licence or Passport etc.) will be required at the time of receiving an ID badge.

Contact us

If you have any questions or wish to request an application pack for adult work experience, please contact the team via our contact form.

Translate this page: