Sending Love – Send a message to a patient
We know how important it is to be able to stay in touch with your loved ones while they are in hospital.
We are now able to have limited visiting at our hospitals – please go to the Visiting Us page for full details. We understand that this will still mean that with limited visiting there will still be people who are unable to visit a oved one, which is why we have a service to help you stay connected.
Through our ‘Sending Love’ scheme, you can now send a message / letter and, if you wish, a photograph to a loved one while they are an inpatient in one of our hospitals. We will then print and hand deliver your message to your loved one to help you stay in touch. If necessary, we can also read your message out loud to your loved one.
Is the patient your family member or friend?
If you normally support the patient while they are at home, or will need to support them when they are discharged, you may be interested in our support to family and friends who provide care and support. For more information visit our Carers Service pages which covers supporting you; back-up planning; finance and benefits; employment support; free hospital parking for carers and discounts; and much more.
We will require some details highlighted below to ensure that your message gets to the right person.
To send a message simply complete the form below.
For messages received by 10am, Monday to Friday (excluding bank / public holidays), we will do our best to be delivered on the same day. Messages received after 10am will be delivered either the same day if possible or by the next business day, Monday to Friday (excluding bank / public holidays). We hope that this service will offer both our patients and their loved ones some comfort at this time.
Send your message
If you prefer, you can submit your message via one of the following alternative options. However, please ensure you include the required details as shown in the above form such as the patient’s full name and which hospital they are in, as well as information, if known, such as the ward, their address and date of birth.
To find out which ward a patient is on, please contact Patient Enquiries on 01803 614567. We will still deliver your message, however it may be delayed without this information.
- By Phone: 01803 666620 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm)
- By post: ‘Sending Love’, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), Bowyer Building, Torbay Hospital, Lowes Bridge, Torquay, TQ2 7AA.
We hope that this new service will offer both our patients and their loved ones some comfort at this time.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to deliver reply messages from your loved one back to you
- Whilst every care will be taken to ensure that your message reaches your loved one, we cannot guarantee delivery if incorrect information is provided or, for example, your loved one has been discharged
- Photos taken on a mobile device need to be sent in JPG or PNG format. Please check your mobile device camera settings as we cannot guarantee receiving other formats. If this occurs, we will continue to pass on your message.
- The Trust will take every precaution to maintain the security of any personal data provided by you and printed by us for the purpose of communicating a ‘sending love’ message
- The Trust will only process the data provided in relation to this process for this specific purpose.
Please note: This form is not to be used for complaints. Please see the information on feedback and complaints on our contact us page.