Sending Love – Send a message to a patient
Please note: We’re unable to deliver messages from 3pm on 24 December until 9am on 29 December. Any message sent during these hours will be delivered as soon as we can, when the service opens from 9am on 29 December.
We know how important it is to be able to stay in touch with your loved ones while they are in hospital.
We are very sorry that we had to make the difficult decision to suspend visiting at our hospitals – this decision was taken to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to protect our patients and staff. We understand how difficult it is to be separated from your loved one during this uncertain time, which is why we have introduced a new service to help you stay connected.
Through our ‘Sending Love’ scheme, you can now send a message / letter and, if you wish, a photograph to a loved one while they are an inpatient in one of our hospitals. We will then print and hand deliver your message to your loved one to help you stay in touch. If necessary, we can also read your message out loud to your loved one.
We will require some details highlighted below to ensure that your message gets to the right person.
To send a message simply complete the form below.
If you prefer, you can submit your message via one of the following alternative options. However, please ensure you include the required details as shown in the above form such as the patient’s full name and which hospital they are in, as well as information, if known, such as the ward, their address and date of birth.
- By Phone: 01803 655838 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm)
- By post: ‘Sending Love’, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), Bowyer Building, Torbay Hospital, Lowes Bridge, Torquay, TQ2 7AA.
For messages received by 10am (Monday to Friday), we will do our best to be delivered on the same day. Messages received after 10am will be delivered on the next business day (Monday – Friday).
We hope that this new service will offer both our patients and their loved ones some comfort at this time.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to deliver reply messages from your loved one back to you
- Whilst every care will be taken to ensure that your message reaches your loved one, we cannot guarantee delivery if incorrect information is provided or, for example, your loved one has been discharged
- The Trust will take every precaution to maintain the security of any personal data provided by you and printed by us for the purpose of communicating a ‘sending love’ message
- The Trust will only process the data provided in relation to this process for this specific purpose.
Please note: This form is not to be used for complaints. Please see the information on feedback and complaints on our contact us page.