Acute (Internal) Medicine is a relatively new and growing specialty that provides the initial assessment, investigation, diagnosis and management of patients who have an acute medical illness within the first 72 hours of their hospital stay.
Our department is a made up of a multi-disciplinary team of medical consultants, general practitioners, junior doctors, physicians associates, nurses, healthcare assistants, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, management and administrative staff who all work together to provide a safe, effective and caring environment to meet the medical needs of the local population.
In recent history the department has branched out of its core role of seeing acutely unwell patients to also supporting local GPs for urgent advice and providing an ambulatory emergency care service to help patients manage acute medical conditions from the safety of their own home.
- Dr Alice Miller – Consultant in Acute and General Medicine – Clinical Lead
- Dr Katherine Mellor – Consultant in Acute and General Medicine
- Dr Paul Andrews – Consultant in Acute and General Medicine
- Dr Helen Waters – Consultant in Geriatrics and General Medicine
- Dr Jonathon Baird – Consultant in Geriatrics and General Medicine
- Dr Shashank Ranjan – Consultant in Geriatrics and General Medicine