We hope that our patients are satisfied with the service they receive and value feedback so that we can evaluate and improve our service. If you have any comments or suggestions, whether good or bad we would be happy to hear from you and can be contacted by phone or email.
Telephone: 01803 656325
Email: Audiology – Hearing Care
In the last few years we have conducted a number of patient satisfaction surveys to assess different areas of our service including waiting times, convenience of appointment, comfort of environment, helpfulness of staff and provision of written information. Of the 400 patients that responded to our surveys, over 96% of these agreed that they were satisfied with the service they received.
On the latest survey the scores are generally comparable with a previous survey with high satisfaction scores over 96% for all questions that were answered by all patients.
The lowest scoring question across the surveys was whether patients were satisfied with the length of time they waited to receive their appointment with 93% of patients agreeing that they were satisfied. We have since changed our appointment booking procedure so that when a follow up appointment is needed this is booked straight away by the Audiologist. Our latest survey showed an increase in patient satisfaction to 98% for this question.
- Paediatric Audiology Satisfaction Survey Results for June – August 2017
- Audiology Patient Satisfaction Survey Results: General Survey – February 2017
- Audiology Patient Satisfaction Survey: Review and Phone Review appointment types number – 5 November 2016
- Audiology Patient Satisfaction Survey: Repairs – May 2016
- Paediatric Audiology Satisfaction Survey Results for September – December 2016
- Audiology Patient Satisfaction Survey: Reassessment appointment types number 5 – August 2016
- Audiology Patient Satisfaction Survey: General survey of all appointment types – November 2015
- Paediatric Audiology Satisfaction Survey Results for December 2015 – February 2015
- Paediatric Audiology Satisfaction Survey Results for March – June 2015
- Paediatric Audiology Satisfaction Survey Results for November 2014 – February 2015
- Audiology Patient Satisfaction Survey: General survey of all appointment types number 3 – August 2014
Action taken in response to patient feedback – you said, we did
As well as changing our booking procedure, a number of changes to the way we do things have been made as a direct result of patient feedback. These include:
- making sure patient information leaflets are given out whenever a hearing aid is fitted, we have put together fitting packs to make this easier.
- listening to patients and giving them the opportunity to ask questions at all appointments.
- responding to all patients who have asked to be contacted in relation to comments made and dealing with any specific issues identified.
- On the previous survey written/adequate information being provided was low scoring and this has vastly improved as we are issued fitting packs, individual management plans and also having to document whether we do this on the patient’s journal.
- The mean score for convenient location has improved from 10th to 5th and this is something you wanted us to improve we now offer regular adult and paediatric appointments 3 times a week with our new sound proof booth at Totnes and we book all appointments with the patient to make it convenient for them.
There are no comments just to say that I was very pleased to be placed in the Devon system after the Derby Audiology department and so very quickly, thank you.
As I was on holiday when my hearing aid broke down I was most grateful when the receptionist told me I could wait for my repair. Only thing I would say is it was all good.
I was seen by a student and he was supervised by an experienced Audiologist. He was very polite and respectful and I felt confident that I was receiving a good service
I was extremely pleased with the services I received and found the Audiologist professional, knowledgeable and friendly. A 5 star service.
Very pleased with the service.
Appointment was made swiftly and at the hospital I requested.
Audiologist very pleasant to relate too.
Have always found it a very good service.
A very efficient and pleasant phone lady thank you.
The service I received was first class, the staff, Emily and a student, were caring considerate and explained everything very clearly and I would go as far as to say if I had if I had to pay for this first class service I would still be very pleased and satisfied. The follow up is exceptional too, well done Audiology
I could not fault the young lady who that provided my treatment I thought she was very kind.
I was absolutely satisfied with the treatment I received. The Audiologist was both caring and thorough in her approach to the situation.
I have always found the service provided by the Audiology staff to be excellent and as far as I am concerned I cannot see any way you could improve on it.
Brilliant service, keep up the good work. First class service, thank you.