Family life can be difficult and challenging. At times your child can find it hard coping with life’s everyday stresses and experience feelings of loneliness, anxiety and fear. During these times their feelings can start to get them down and they can become upset, argumentative, or at odds with themselves and other people.
Dealing with your child’s emotional health and wellbeing can be a difficult task to manage and at times you might need help.
If you are worried about your child’s emotional health and wellbeing use the parents and carers section to find advice and helpful information about finding ways to cope with your child’s feelings and behaviour/mental health problems.
MindEd for Families
Are you a parent or carer who is concerned about your child? Or perhaps you just want some hints and tips on parenting? MindEd for Families has online advice and information from trusted sources and will help you to understand and identify early issues and best support your child.
What treatment options do specialist CAMHS offer?
We have lots of different ways of helping young people recover from a mental health disorders, these are just some of them. We have added some links so you can find out more about the following types of treatment.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Creative therapies
- Systemic Family Therapy (SFT)
- Psychiatric interventions
- Play therapy
- Brief Solution Focus Therapy (BSFT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Parenting workshops
Find out more about these interventions at:
- YoungMinds – Conditions
- NHS Choices – A guide to mental health services in England
- NICE Guidance and advice list
How to refer
You can self-refer by downloading and completing a referral form and sending it to:
187 Newton Road