Specialist Weight Management Psychology
Specialist Weight Management Psychology Service
Specialist Weight Management Service
Torquay TQ2 7BA
Tel: 01803 654823
Our mission is to help you lose weight, by changing your relationship with food and towards yourself, so you can start building the lifestyle you want.
What is Specialist Weight Management Psychology?
We work within the Specialist Weight Management Service.
We work with adults across Torbay and South Devon. To join our programme:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI >35) and type 2 diabetes or sleep apnea.
- Have a BMI >40 (without the comorbidities above)
We provide psychological input into the 6 month weight loss programme. We aim to teach you skills to help you:
- Understand and cope with change
- Understand why you eat
- Cope with difficult food urges more effectively
- Build a lifestyle you enjoy
We also provide psychological assessment and intervention before and after weight-loss (bariatric) surgery.
We also support for individuals with complex issues related to obesity such as:
- Weight loss for health procedures
- Preparation for our weight loss programme for individuals with severe binge eating disorder
How do I join the programme?
To make a referral to our service please visit our Specialist Weight Management Service pages.