Oral health promotion
Oral Health is a right – not a privilege
We aim to deliver oral health projects in line with the national/local guidelines throughout the area.
We can provide support and educational visits for schools, playgroups, health visitors, carers and work in partnership with other professionals within the Trust.
Our key working document is ‘Delivering Better Oral Health‘ third edition – Department of Health June 2014.
For advice on fluoride and toothbrushing visit the the NHS website.
Our activities include educational visits to:
- Pre school children’s nursery’s & play schools
- Sure Start (children’s centres) Paignton/Torquay
- Primary schools
- Early years
- Schools for special needs children
- Special needs adults/ South Devon College, Aspects
- Residential and nursing care homes
- Information, materials and visual aids made available to other health professionals.
Oral health campaigns include:
- National Smile Month
- No Smoking Day
- Mouth Cancer Action Month
- Other oral health awareness events.