Disability Information Service
Torbay Disability Information Service
Torquay TQ1 3YA
Telephone: 0300 456 8373
Email: Torbay Disability Information Service
The Disability Information Service offers information designed to support self-care and independence for people with disabilities and carers living in Torbay (TQ1-TQ5).
No referral is required and the service can be freely accessed.
What we offer
- A free, confidential information and advice service for Torbay residents. You can contact us by telephone or email. Our opening times are Monday to Thursday, 9am – 4.30pm and Friday, 9am – 1pm.
- Appointments at various locations around the Bay, including St. Edmunds in Torquay and Paignton Carers Centre.
- Guidance with welfare benefits, including Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Employment Support Allowance (ESA), Council Tax support and Local Housing Allowance/Housing Benefit.
- Appointments for help with social security forms (PIP, ESA, etc.) for people with diagnosed mental health conditions.
- Information about local support and services.
- Over 40 web-based local Information Sheets covering the questions that we get asked most frequently.
- A web-based Torbay Mental Health Directory.
- An access point for the Mental Health User and Carer Involvement Worker (appointments only).
Please note that we do not provide advice about medical treatment or debt issues and cannot answer enquiries from outside Torbay – unless the issue relates to a Torbay resident.
For further information about Torbay Disability Information Service, call us on 0300 456 8373. Also read our information leaflet for the ‘Mental Health Information and Advice Service‘.