Disability Information Service
Torbay Disability Information Service
Torquay TQ1 3YA
Telephone: 0300 456 8373
Email: Torbay Disability Information Service
The Disability Information Service offers information designed to support self-care and independence for people with disabilities and carers living in Torbay (TQ1-TQ5).
No referral is required and the service can be freely accessed.
What we offer
- Drop-in service available from Monday to Thursday, 9am – 4.30pm and Friday, 9am – 1pm.
- A telephone enquiry service equipped to respond to a wide variety of enquiries on disability support, including information on local support services, equipment hire and sales, social security issues, employment support services and accommodation.
- Over 40 web-based local Information Sheets covering the questions that we get asked most frequently.
- A web-based Torbay Mental Health Directory.
- An access point for the Mental Health User and Carer Involvement Worker (appointments only).
- Appointments for help with social security forms (PIP, ESA, etc.) for people with diagnosed mental health conditions.
- Signposts for Carers, a telephone information and advice service for unpaid carers.
Please note that we do not provide advice about medical treatment or debt issues and cannot answer enquiries from outside Torbay – unless the issue relates to a Torbay resident.
For further information about Torbay Disability Information Service, call us on 0300 456 8373. Also read our information leaflet for the ‘Mental Health Information and Advice Service‘.