Useful quick links for many health and wellbeing related topics.
Keeping fit in pregnancy
- First Steps Nutrition Trust – Eating well in pregnancy
- NHS Choices – Drinking alcohol while pregnant
- NHS Choices – Exercise in pregnancy
- NHS Choices – Have a healthy diet in pregnancy
- NHS Choices – Illegal drugs in pregnancy
- NHS Choices – Stopping smoking in pregnancy
- NHS Choices – Vitamins, supplements and nutrition in pregnancy
Information, benefits and leave in pregnancy
- NHS Choices – Maternity and paternity benefits and leave
- Torbay Children’s Services: 01803 208100
- Torbay Council – Family Information Service
- Torbay Domestic Abuse Service (TDAS): 01803 207262, or email firstname.lastname@example.org who will listen to your concerns and take appropriate actions.
Torbay Children’s Centres aim to help every child get the best start in life. They have centres in Torquay, Paignton and Brixham, and offer drop-ins, workshops, play sessions, antenatal support, and fun activities for families with children under 5. They also provide groups and resources for parents, carers, childminders and the local community. Their website – provides lots of information about what they can offer.
We would welcome your feedback on the 0-19 Health Visiting and School Nursing pages. If you would like to do so, please complete our feedback survey.