Tel: 01803 654751
The Medical Electronics Department provides a comprehensive medical equipment management service and currently supports in excess of 20,000 medical devices.
We work closely with health care professionals, patients and equipment suppliers to offer a service that meets, and we hope exceeds, the level of care expected of today’s clinical technologists.
Medical Electronics has a long tradition of providing high quality medical equipment services to both the NHS and private health care providers throughout the Trust Locality. Our services range from ad-hoc breakdown repairs, to fully managed medical maintenance contracts. We work closely with equipment suppliers and offer a one-stop shop to our customers with regular site visits and contract reviews. In addition Medical Electronics work with many GPs, health centres, physiotherapists, chiropodists and others.
For details on equipment maintenance contracts, or how we can help you, please call Medical Electronics 01803 654751.
To ensure the efficient running of any facility, it is important that robust management systems are in place which are responsive to changing clinical needs and the requirements of the customer.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment including its history.
- Perform incoming inspection, commissioning, repair, preventive and corrective maintenance, and special request service on medical equipment owned, and/or used within the hospital, community and other private external facilities.
- Review equipment purchase/service contracts and make recommendations.
- Review requests for equipment where appropriate.
- Report Adverse Incidents to the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and conduct investigations into the same.
- Receive and take action as necessary on hazard warnings and safety alerts as well as equipment recalls.
- Test equipment is calibrated to UKAS standard.