Voicemail service between 9am – 5pm:
- Medical Secretary to Dr Knight, Dr Rolinski and Dr Barnes – Tel: 01803 655093
- Medical Secretary to Dr Straukiene and Sarah Hughes – Tel: 01803 654827
- Medical Secretary to Dr Aleknaite and Dr Medcalf – Tel: 01803 654936
Patients should please contact their GPs in emergencies and for initial queries.
The Neurology Department at Torbay Hospital has a complement of four Neurologists, together with a specialty doctor in Headache, registrar, Specialist Nurses in Epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, and Multiple Sclerosis.
The department plans to develop to meet the Neurological needs of the population of South Devon and is keen to provide all neurology-related tests and treatments to patients locally without them having to travel out of the area.
The department has sub-specialties in neuro-inflammatory, cognitive and movement disorders and we have plans to set up local Neurophysiology and Inflammatory Infusion services. Long term plans include the development of in-patient and Acute Neurology services and development of Neuro-Rehabilitation.
- Dr William Knight – Special interest in Dementia
- Dr Agne Straukiene – Special interest in MS
- Dr Michal Rolinski – Special interest in Movement Disorders
- Dr Lina Aleknaite – Special interest in Epilepsy
- Dr Kathryn Medcalf – Specialist Doctor with interest in Headaches
- Dr Jacob Barnes – Registrar
- Torbay Hospital Acute Parkinson’s Disease Nurse Specialist – Tel: 01803 655513
- Torbay Community Parkinson’s Disease Nurse Specialists – Tel: 01803 320669
- South and West Devon Community Parkinson’s Disease Nurse Specialist – Tel: 01803 860852
General advice on benefits and services for people with Parkinson’s disease
- Parkinson’s Local Adviser for Torbay, South Hams and Teignbridge – Tel: 0808 800 0303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Torbay Hospital MS Nurse Specialist – Tel: 01803 656195 | Email: MS Nurse Specialist
Helping you take control of your MS
Join MS Patients Know Best (PKB) – a self-monitoring platform that gives you access to your health record, allows you to track your symptoms, gain access to carefully curated care plans written specifically for you by your care team. Take control of your MS today by accessing your health record via the NHS App and begin your journey to a happier, healthier, more informed life with the help of MS PKB.
If you have any questions or queries regarding MS PKB, how to access your record, and making the most out of the platform, feel free to contact our MS Coordinator, who will be happy to assist with non-clinical requests.
The South West MS Network is aiming to develop a community that works together to support multiple sclerosis (MS) research in our region of the UK.
- Torbay Hospital Epilepsy Nurse Specialist – Tel: 01803 320669 | Email: Epilepsy Nurse Specialist
If you are unwell please contact your GP.
General out-patient clinics
- Newton Abbot Community Hospital
- Paignton Health and Wellbeing Centre
- Teignmouth Community Hospital
- Torbay Hospital
In-patient referral services
- All wards in Torbay Hospital
- Occasional to community hospitals and hospices
- Movement disorders inc. Parkinson’s disease
- Cognitive disorders
- Motor Neuron Disease multidisciplinary care
- Day case lumbar puncture service
- Day case infusions
Linked services at Torbay Hospital
- Pain management
- Stroke and TIA service
- Neuro-oncology (cancer services)
- Palliative care at Rowcroft Hospice
- Occupational Therapy
Links with regional hospitals
- Neuro-oncology (cancer services)
- Specialist Respiratory Function
Southmead Hospital Bristol
- Parkinson’s advance therapies
- Epilepsy surgery
We have prepared a video that provides you with a series of exercises to help your recovery from a stroke.
Please discuss these exercises with your GP or physiotherapist first.
Care of the weak arm