General enquiries: 01803 655340
Appointments – 8.30am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday: 0300 456 9987 (local rate)
Online appointment request service
The Torbay and South Devon Physiotherapy Service is for patients registered at a GP practice in Brixham, Paignton, Torquay, Ashburton, Bovey Tracey, Chillington, Dartmouth, Dawlish, Ipplepen, Kingskerswell, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth, Totnes or surrounding areas. We offer musculoskeletal (MSK) appointments in local hospitals across the area.
You can refer yourself for an musculoskeletal (MSK) physiotherapy appointment and do not need to see your GP first. Currently 50% of our patients do not see their GP before contacting us. To book an appointment, please contact us using the details below. Appointment times vary for all clinics and a suitable date, time and location will be arranged with you.
Patients can use our online appointment request service, or call us 8.30am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday on 0300 456 9987 (local rate).
If you have any of the following, neurological problems, such as: Parkinson’s Disease, Stroke or Multiple Sclerosis, or children’s developmental problems such as Cerebral Palsy, you will need a specialist team referral, following discussion with your GP.
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Outpatient Service
Outpatient physiotherapy clinics see people with problems arising from: muscles, joints and bones. The physiotherapists provide: assessment, diagnosis, advice/information hands on treatment and treatment planning. You will be asked to provide a detailed history of the problem and will be examined. Treatment may include:
- Advice and management
- Exercise based programmes
- Mobilisation and manipulation techniques
- Articular joint injections
- Rehabilitation groups
Specialist physiotherapy clinics are available at various sites across the area. Unless stated, these clinics need a referral from a GP, Consultant or your physiotherapist.
- Vestibular rehabilitation (information leaflet)
- Women’s health service – self referral. Book an appointment on 0300 004 0335
- Rheumatology including hydrotherapy
- Shoulder clinic
- Hand therapy clinics
- Pain Service
- General orthopaedic clinics, spinal clinic, hip and knee clinics and foot and ankle clinics offer specialist assessment, second opinion, access to imaging and recommendation for surgery. They do not offer physiotherapy treatment.