Safeguarding Adults for professionals
A powerful film that highlights the abuse suffered by adults at risk in Torbay and Devon was launched as part of the Safeguarding Adults Awareness Week in 2015. The film “If you see something, say something”, was commissioned by Torbay and Devon Safeguarding Adults Board, to help raise public awareness of adult abuse.
In 2014, there were over 2700 safeguarding adult abuse concerns reported to Torbay and Devon Local Safeguarding Adults teams.
The one week campaign, included posters, leaflets and a digital/media campaign.
Please feel free to print copies of the campaign posters and leaflets (linked below) and put them in public places, to help raise awareness of this important issue.
Useful information for you to read
- NMC Safeguarding Adults Film
- DoH Guidance (2011) Role of Health service Practitioners
- DoH Guidance Role of Health Service Managers and Their Boards (2011)
- Statement on Government Policy in safeguarding Adults (2011)
- ADASS Regional Safeguarding Adult Threshold Guidance (2011)
- ADASS Safeguarding Adults Policy Network Guidance
- Scie Safeguarding Resources
- Scie Powers of Entry
Posters and leaflets
The posters and leaflets are in the Adobe PDF format. To view, click on the links below. To download a copy, click the right mouse button on the link and use the ‘Save Target As…’ or ‘Save Link As…’ option to save the file to your computer.
- “if you see something, say something” – elderly woman
- “if you see something, say something” – ssh
- Everyone has the right to feel safe
Watch the safeguarding film
A number of versions of the film have been uploaded to YouTube so that you can embed it in your own websites. Follow the links for the embed codes from YouTube.