Kingsteignton Medical Practice
14 Midvale Road
Tel: 01803 654539
Email: Speech and Language Therapy Service
If you are an adult (16+) who sometimes stammers/stutters or clutters and you want some advice, information or help then you can contact our service.
We offer many treatment options, which are tailored to suit your individual needs and requirements, these include:
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Camperdown Programme
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Block Modification and fluency techniques
- Talking Toolkits
- Building confidence
- Acceptance therapy
- Delayed/Altered Auditory Feedback and Heightened Auditory Feedback (electronic feedback devices)
- Examining perfectionistic tendencies
- Social anxiety and anxiety management
- Avoidance Reduction Therapy
- Assertiveness training
- Mindfulness – body-mind connection strengthening, etc.
- Group therapy can also be arranged dependent upon demand.
- We can also offer tele-therapy, if necessary, to our registered clients.
There is also a support group, which meets monthly in various venues, again dependent upon demand.
Our specialist Speech and Language Therapist, who has clinical lead in disorders of fluency, has over 30 years of experience in this area.
We have strong links with the British Stammering Association (BSA) who host an excellent website www.stammering.org.
How to access the service
To refer yourself to this service you can ask you GP to refer you, or you can self-refer to the specialist in disorders of fluency. You can refer yourself at any age.
You can refer yourself to the Fluency Service by phoning 01803 654539.