Technology Enabled Care (TECS)
NRS – Torbay Office
Tel: 0300 100 0255 (option 1)
Email: Torbay TECS
0330 124 4491
What is Technology Enabled Care?
Technology Enabled Care (TEC) covers a range of health and care services including telehealth, telecare and telemedicine to help people receive care in ways that is best for them. This can include using technology and devices which let you receive your care at home, rather than having to see your GP or go to hospital.
This may include devices such as a pendant alarm, falls detector, reminder device, GPS location device or home activity sensors. TEC can also include personalised sensors and apps that can help you stay fit, and healthy.
Telecare can also help the people involved with your health and care know if you need emergency help, or if changes in your lifestyle are impacting on your health and wellbeing. They can then help you to manage this.
We are always developing the service and looking to integrate health and vital monitoring into our service for use at home, although currently, we predominantly offer care devices and equipment.
Technology can also help you to live safely and independently at home, and it may help you if you’re at risk of falls. TEC can also help people who are caring for you by alerting them if you need extra support.
Technology Enabled Care:
- Increase your independence and confidence
- Assure family, friends and carers that their loved ones are safe when they cannot be there themselves
- Support carers as they look after others
- Send help quickly when it’s needed, whether alerting family and friends or even emergency services
- Help reduce the amount of hands-on care required in the home
- Replace hands on care
- Always stop something from happening
- Fix the underlying problem
A standard pendant alarm costs approximately £385 per year. If a carer visited for 30 minutes daily, you would have paid £385 after 6 weeks.