Dawlish Community Hospital
Dawlish Community Hospital
Tel: 01626 868500
Visiting hours are from 8am – 8pm. However we would appreciate if you could avoid mealtimes, which are 12.30pm – 1pm and 5.30pm – 6pm, unless you are attending to aid a patient.
There is a Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) and X-ray facilities (see opening times).
X-ray facilities times may vary, so it is advisable to check with the hospital’s Main Reception. X-ray services may not be available everyday however if attending MIU, you will be assessed fully by the MIU Nurse practitioner and provided with an appropriate treatment plan to meet your clinical needs.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening
- Community Nursing
- Depression and Anxiety Clinics
- Diagnostic Physiological Measurement
- District Nurse Service
- Health Visitors
- Intermediate Care Services
- Lower Limb Therapy
- Minor Operations
- Minor Injury Unit
- Speech and Language Therapy (children)
- Tissue Viability Clinics
- Car parking
- Disabled WC
- Induction loop
- Step free access
- Access to TV
- Internet access
- Family accommodation
- Private rooms
Travelling by car
On-site parking arrangements: There is no visitor parking on the hospital site and only a small staff car park which you need a staff parking permit to use. However, there is a public pay and display car park immediately adjacent to hospital that is owned and managed by Teignbridge District Council.
When entering the hospital from the lower level entrance, please use either the stairs or the lift to come up to the Main Reception on the upper level. The lower level entrance is only open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. If attending the hospital out of these hours, walk up the hill between the hospital and the surgery. At the top of the hill, turn right and enter via the Main Entrance.
Travelling by bus
Stagecoach operate three buses which stop at Dawlish Green/Brookdale Terrace, which is close to the Dawlish railway station. These are:
Number 2/2A – Regular intervals daily between Newton Abbot and Exeter.
Number 11 – Regular intervals daily between Torquay and Dawlish Warren
Number 186 – Town bus stops outside Hospital. Buses every 30 minutes from Monday to Saturday.
Met Office B Bus – Regular intervals daily between The Met Office in Exeter and Dawlish via Matford, Marsh Barton and Exeter City Centre. This service only serves Dawlish on Sundays.
Directions for walking from the bus stop at Dawlish Green (from the Exeter direction) 0.6 miles on foot to Dawlish Hospital:
The bus will stop at Dawlish Green by the seafront.
- By the bus stop cross the road at the zebra crossing.
- Follow the path on the left-hand side of the brook.
- On exiting the path at the bridge, cross the main road at the pelican crossing to your left.
- On reaching the other side turn to your right and proceed to walk up Brunswick Place.
- At the top of Brunswick Place, cross over the road and follow the path which runs along the left side of the brook. Keep on this path which will take you into the Barton car park and you will see the Barton Surgery to your left.
- The hospital is the next building you will come to on your left after the surgery and the entrance to the hospital from this path will bring you in at the lower level of the hospital.
Directions for walking from the bus stop at Brookdale Terrace (from the direction of Torquay or Newton Abbot) 0.6 miles on foot to Dawlish Hospital:
The bus will stop at Brookdale Terrace. On exiting the bus, turn to your right and proceed to walk up Brunswick Place (directions from Brunswick Place above).
Travelling by rail
The closest train station to the hospital is Dawlish, which is also approximately 0.6 miles from the Hospital.
Walking: On exiting the station, turn left and cross the road at the zebra crossing and follow the path on the left-hand side of the stream. On exiting the path at the bridge, cross the main road at the pelican crossing to your left. On reaching the other side turn to your right and proceed to walk up Brunswick Place (directions as above).
Travelling by taxi
There are several taxi companies in Dawlish.
Dawlish Hospital League of Friends: Chair: Mr Geoff King. Messages for the Friends may be left at Dawlish Community Hospital.