Please be aware visiting times differ throughout the six hospitals run by the Trust. Some have an “open” or unrestricted visiting policy, however we request that patients remain undisturbed during meal times and protected cleaning times. Please ensure you check with the ward visiting times before you visit.
A maximum of two visitors will be able to visit each patient at any time (including children).
Children under 5 years will be limited to 30 minutes visiting, and children aged 5 years and over will be limited to a maximum of one hour.
The aim of this policy is to reduce the likelihood to children of either acquiring or bringing infections into the hospital environment. It is not advisable for babies to visit and the only exceptions should be if either parent is the patient. In all cases advice should always be sought from the Ward Manager.
There was general support from patients and the public that visitors have responsibilities when in the hospital environment. These were agreed as a visitors’ charter.
As a visitor to our hospital we ask you to:
- Please respect our visiting times and restrictions.
- Have consideration for staff doing their job and for patients who need rest and privacy.
- Be polite and courteous.
- Observe confidentiality – you may see or hear things of a private nature.
- Not to visit if you might be an infection risk to others or feel unwell yourself.
- Help keep our hospital clean and inform staff of any cleaning concerns.
- Be responsible and in control of your children if they are visiting.
- Be responsible for the safety and security of your belongings.
- Use the hand cleaning facilities when entering and leaving clinical areas and wards.
- Refrain from eating or drinking in clinical areas.
In an emergency, visiting will be at the discretion of the nurse in charge.