Our vision and strategy
Our vision is better health and care for all. We are proud pioneers in integrating health and social care nationally.
We passionately believe that the best way to care for people is by focusing on what matters to them, putting them at the centre of everything we do and integrating services around them. We believe that care as close to home as possible benefits everyone.
Never has our vision been more important. The impact of COVID-19 has not only increased the pressure across all aspects of health and social care, but those who live in our most deprived coastal communities have seen an increasing gap in health inequalities.
Our strategy describes our vision for the future, why it matters to us and our local communities, what this means for the way we run our services and how we will work together to deliver it.
About us a glance
- Over 6,500 staff and 800 volunteers
- Rated as good by the CQC and outstanding for care
- Supporting a resident population of approximately 286,000
- Plus around 100,000 holiday visitors
- 1,900 babies born
- 500 people supported with complex healthcare needs
- 3,000 planned hospital operations
- 30,000 day surgery cases
- 2,300 adults supported with long stay care packages
- 78,000 attendances at our Emergency Department and 14,000 at our Urgent Treatment Centre
- 110, first outpatient appointments; 260,000 follow-up appointments
- 500,000 face to face appointments in people’s homes
- 160,000 diagnostic tests
- 60,000 medicines dispensed in outpatients
- 75,000 dispensed on discharge from hospital
- We spend
- £500,000,000 a year
- £9,615,384 a week
- £1,373,626 a day
- £57,234 an hour
- £953.90 a minute
- £15.89 a second