If you require any of the information contained within this website in an alternative format, please contact us.
Skipping to main content
If you’re using a screen reader or keyboard, use the ‘Skip to content’ link at the top of every page to skip the navigation and get to the content quickly.
Changing text size
Size options using our site
Choose a suitable text size from the ‘Text size’ options in the blue header at the top of every page.
Text/page zoom options using your browser
Your browser may offer the option to change the default text size settings or to change the zoom settings of the whole page.
- Chrome: Page zoom options can be found under the ‘Customise’ menu.
- Firefox: Text and page zoom options can be found in the ‘Menu Bar’ toolbar under the ‘View’ menu.
- Internet Explorer: Text and page zoom options can be found under the ‘Page’ menu.
- Opera: Page zoom options can be found under the ‘Page’ menu.
- Safari: Page zoom options can be found under the ‘Page’ menu.
Need help reading our website? Our website uses the digital inclusion software, BrowseAloud, making our content more accessible with reading and translation support.
Click on the BrowseAloud link that appears on the top of every page to launch the support toolbar. Then simply click on any text to hear it read out loud.
How does BrowseAloud help?
BrowseAloud offers a host of reading and translation support, helping you to access and understand our website better.
- text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
- text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
- mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
- screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- web page simplifier: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
- settings: customise options to suit individual needs or preferences
All the features are accessed from an easy-to-use, floating toolbar – allowing you to drag and drop it anywhere on screen.
Some of the content on our site is provided as PDFs (Portable Document Format). If you find you can’t open these, you may need to install some free software:
- If you can’t open PDF documents, download the latest Adobe Reader software.
For more information visit: www.adobe.com/accessibility.html
A number of videos on our website are available with subtitles and these can be displayed by clicking on the button in the video player’s toolbar. Other languages (including British Sign Language) may also be available.