Healthy living and supported self-management
It is with regret that from 31 March we will no longer provide the Healthy Lifestyles service. We have proudly provided this service since 2013 and have helped more than 14,000 people to take control of their health and wellbeing by stopping smoking, eating more healthily and losing weight, and made long-lasting improvements to the way they live their lives.
We will continue to provide the following services:
- Postural stability, strength, and balance exercise programme (FaME)
- Healthy Living programme for people newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
- Specialist (tier 3) weight management services
From 1 April 2023 the new provider, ABL Health Ltd, will deliver the following services under the name ‘Your Health Torbay‘:
- Web-based behaviour change information and advice
- Brief advice on health and wellbeing, holistic assessments, and health coaching
- Tier 2 Weight Management Service
- Specialist Stop Smoking Service
- Making Every Contact Count and Connect 5 Training
- Community engagement and social marketing.
Please contact ABL Health Ltd if you need help with any of these areas, alternatively speak to your GP and ask for a referral.