Working for Acute Medicine
The department is often highlighted as being one of the friendliest departments in the region with a strong focus on the wellbeing of its staff.
Notable departmental highlights include:
- Consistently receives “Excellent” on Health Education England training surveys and quality improvement panels.
- Senior staff members have been recognised and been awarded prizes as “Staff Heroes” for their work in maintaining “Wellbeing at Work” and the team was a recent finalist for “Right Care, Right Place”.
- Recruits and retains a large number of junior doctors for bespoke out of training programmes.
- Competitive consultant jobs plans.
- Funding for a new bespoke Acute Medical Unit as part of the recent Department of Health & Social Care’s recent Health Infrastructure Plan.
- Located in the “English Riviera”, the local area is a popular tourist destination filled with beautiful beaches, coastal paths and cultural sites with easy access to the bustling cities of Exeter and Plymouth.
For more general information about working for Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust, see our ‘working with us‘ page.