Your Drug and Alcohol Service Team
Thousands of people from every walk of life are affected by drugs and alcohol in the South West. Our service aims to be accessible for you, regardless of your personal and living circumstances, and is dedicated to promoting wellbeing and recovery to help people in Torbay* to make positive changes.
The Torbay Drug and Alcohol service is centred around three key components:
- Psychoeducational, and
Everybody who comes to see us has an individualised recovery (treatment) plan tailored to their own individual needs and circumstances. What may be suitable for one person might not fit the needs of another. Recovery is a personal journey and as such everyone should be treated individually.
Our expert team provides help, flexible support and advice to anyone affected by drugs and alcohol in Torbay including:
- Drug and alcohol assessments for adults (18+) that include all prescribed, legal, illegal and over the counter medication.
- A named recovery coordinator
- Structured psychological interventions on a 1:1 and group basis
- Referral to community based residential rehabilitation programmes
- Assessment for prescribing interventions including stabilisation, detoxification and reduction programmes
- Signposting and advice
- Naloxone and training on how to use it
- Blood borne virus testing (Hep B/C and HIV) and Hep B immunisation
- Peer support groups
- Relapse prevention support
*If you live outside of Torbay and need support, please contact Together Drug & Alcohol Service, Devon on 0800 233 5444 or visit the Together Drug & Alcohol Service website.