Torquay TQ2 7AA
Torbay Hospital Switchboard: 0300 456 8000 (local rate) or 01803 614567
If you wish to visit a patient on any of the wards at Torbay Hospital we ask you to assist us in protecting our patients from infections by:
- Staying at home if you have a cold, infection or stomach upset and only visiting if you have had no symptoms for at least 48 hours or – if you feel your visit is essential – first ringing the ward for advice
- Keeping children, especially babies, at home because they are vulnerable to germs and infections brought into hospital – see our Visitors’ Charter.
- Washing your hands before and after your ward visit, using soap and water or hospital hand gel dispensers on wards
- Using the chairs at patients’ bedsides to sit on, not their beds.
Please check what visiting times & gifts are appropriate for each ward. Normal visiting hours for adult wards are:
Afternoon visiting – 2pm to 4.30pm
Evening visiting – 6.30pm to 8pm
- Visiting wards
- Visiting times and ward locations
- Visiting Policy – especially for restrictions on children visiting the hospital
- Information for parents
List of facilities available at Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust for disabled visitors, patients or potential employees.
Parents and relatives information
Detailed information for parents regarding accommodation, facilities and contact information.
- Patient Enquiries (e.g. patients whereabouts) telephone 01803 655333
- Patient Affairs (including death certificate) contact 01803 654818
Accommodation can be arranged for parents and relatives to stay overnight. Please ask the nurse in charge.
If you require information on a patient, please ask the nurse or doctor. Information will only be given out to close relations and the doctor or nurse will speak to the patient prior to divulging any information.