Paignton Health and Wellbeing Centre
Please note: The Minor Injuries Unit has permanently closed as of 28 July 2017.
Paignton Health and Wellbeing Centre (Paignton Hospital site)
General enquiries: 01803 547171
Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening
- Audiology (adults)
- Hearing aid repairs
- Replacement batteries
- Bladder and Bowel (children)
- Blue Badge Assessments
- Breast Clinics
- Cardiac Specialist Nurse
- Catheter Care
- Child Health Clinics
- Colorectal Clinic
- Continence Clinic (adults)
- Contraception Services
- Dermatology (children)
- Drug and Alcohol Services
- General Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine (Care of the Elderly)
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Midwifery Service (Waterside and Coastal)
- Minor Procedures
- Neurology Rehabilitation Team
- Parkinson’s Clinic Specialist Nurse
- Ophthalmic (children)
- Pain Management
- Musculoskeletal (MSK)
- Specialist Physiotherapy
- Women’s Health
- Retinal Screening
- Speech and Language Therapy (adults and children)
- Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Car parking
- Disabled parking
- Disabled WC
- Wheelchair access
- Step free access
- Internet access
- Public telephone
- Mobile phones permitted
Shopping facilities within walking distance.
Travelling by car
There are a number of pay and display car parks close to the hospital.
Travelling by bus
The nearest bus stop is opposite Victoria Park and is on the main route for the number 12 bus, which travels via Torquay/Newton Abbot. This stops a few hundred yards from Church Street.
Travelling by rail
Both Paignton railway station and bus station are located less than 1/4 mile from the hospital and are adjacent to one another.
To walk the 1/4 mile to the hospital from rail/bus station:
- Walk the length of Hyde Road, which begins just yards from both stations.
- At the end of Hyde Road, cross over to Church St via pedestrian crossing (there is a signpost indicating Hospital direction located on crossing).
- Hospital is then a couple of hundred yards on left hand side of Church Street.
There is a taxi rank by the railway/bus station, if unable to travel on foot.