Carers Rights Day
Carers Rights Day is the opportunity for us to remind unpaid carers of their rights:
- To an assessment of their needs as a carer.
- To engage in work, education, training or volunteering (if they want) – there is a lot of support for carers who wish to work and for the person that they care for:
Carers Rights Day 2023
Saturday 18th November 2023 at Paignton Library, 10am – 2pm. Official opening speech at 10.30am.
There is a wide range of advice and support for carers, the people that they care for and the wider public, plus the Library’s Christmas Fayre.
If you have a Carers’ Card, visit the Torbay Carer information stand to obtain a free coffee / tea and cake.
Come upstairs and join us at 10.30am for the official opening in Room 10, 11 and 12. Opening by Hayley Tranter, Councillor with responsibility for adult social care.
- Children with Disability Team
- Tissues and Issues (parent carer support)
- SEND Family Voice
- Torbay Young Carers Service
- Carers services plans – talk to Katy – Have your say
- Adult social care – Information and Support – speak to staff
- Adult social care plans – talk to Cathy – 12.30pm onwards
- Transitions from children to adults services – find out about support
- Learning disability big plan – talk to Jude – find out more
- Solicitor – legal advice about Power of Attorney, Wills etc
- Rowcroft – conversations about planning ahead for death or deterioration and their website information
- Children and Families in Grief – find out about support
- Age UK Torbay – conversations about planning ahead
- Torbay Carers – discounts, advice and support if you care for someone
- Hospital Carer Support
- Young Adult Carers – support for 16-25 year old Carers
- Mencap – supporting Carers of adults with a learning disability
- NRS Telecare and equipment to help your caring role
- Kooth / Qwell – mental health support for all ages
- Household support fund – carer support
- Warm places information
- Cost of living support
- Community helpline / hub support and advice