Our specialist hypertension and cardiovascular risk clinic is led by a Consultant Physician and supported by a Diabetes and Vascular Nurse Specialist.
This clinic is run on a weekly basis and offers the following services:
- The assessment and management of patients with ‘difficult’ or resistant hypertension
- Investigation of secondary hypertension (eg. renovacular disease, endocrine hypertension)
- Detailed cardiovascular risk stratification and assessment of target organ damage
- Assessment and management of lipid disorders
- Non-invasive assessment of arterial stiffness and central aortic pressure
- Close collaboration with the Exeter renal unit