Local Safeguarding Children Boards
The Devon and Torbay Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards are key statutory inter-agency mechanisms which act as focal points for local co-operation to safeguarding children. They are responsible for:
- Agreeing how the relevant organisations in each local area will co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in that locality.
- Ensuring the implementation of statutory safeguarding children requirements and for setting the agenda to meet local safeguarding children stands.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of what relevant organisations do to safeguard children. In the case of our Trust this includes local arrangements and duties for addressing child protection in the Trust, and training arrangements and processes for supporting staff.
- Developing policies and procedures.
- Reviewing the deaths of all children in their areas.
- Undertaking Serious Case Reviews.